Monday 30 May 2011

Bulgarian Mountain Biking

I am writing this blog about my first mountain bike trip to Bulagria.

Our house in the town of Troyan, right in the middle of the country, east, west, north south.  Its just north of the Balkan range of mountains, which splits the country in two east to west.  The name locally of this range of mountains  which we know as the Balkans is Stara Planina, or Old Mountains.  

From our house ther is a pass to the north which climbs up to over 4500 feet, the srart of the climb is at the edge of the town.

I brought with my my Giant Trance X3 mountain bike which will now live here.  I brought in the bikeguard box that I got when my new bike the Canyon Nerve 7.0 was delivered.

The flight and checking in the bike was easy and it arrived safe in Sofia.  

Just managed to get it the Kia Picanto I rented.  The first night after arriving at 20.30 I stayed at the holiday Inn in Sofia Buisness Park.  Just in case, I took the bike box out of the car and left in the luggage room of the hotel.

Next morning after breaskfast loaded up again and set off for Tyoyan, its 130 kms and with one stop for coffer arrived lunchtime.

Unpacked and assembled the bike, no problems all went together well.

I reduced the pressure in the tyres and the shocks, I dont know if I needed too, pumped them up OK and with a little adjustment was ready for the first ride, but first a nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment